Monday, May 9, 2011

Quantumfx Power Inverter 1200/2400 Watt Dc to Ac Review

Quantumfx Power Inverter 1200/2400 Watt Dc to Ac
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
In the southern half of the country, if the power goes out, nobody cares. Well, at least, as long as its not out too long that is. However, when you live up in the mountains in the northern half of the country, when the power goes out, you freeze!
WATTS: If you are looking at a machine which does not state its watts, but does state its amps. To find out how many watts a machine uses, the general rule of thumb is, take your amps X 120, and you should have your answer. For example, a 9-AMP microwave uses 1080 watts.
EXPERIENCE: My experience with this inverter, though shows some promise, is less then desirable. Before buying the inverter, I made sure that the inverters continuous wattage output could perform to spec for the coffee maker, which only uses 1025 watts. So, naturally with a 1200 watt output, I fully expected the coffee maker to function with the inverter. However, as soon as I turn on the coffee maker, the inverter trips within a second later.
CF LIGHTS & DRILLS: I connected a Compact Fluorescent light to the inverter, and not surprisingly it got the light to full power and did a excellent job. So I then tested the inverter with a 5-AMP wired power drill with variable speed. Not surprisingly, the inverter was able to operate the drill at any speed without any form of hesitation. Good deal ha?
BENCH GRINDERS: I then decided to test it on something a little more powerful, such as my bench grinder. Unfortunately, because my bench grinder requires such a high startup load, the inverter tripped every time. I have no doubts the inverter would be able to power the bench grinder once it got going, but apparently the grinder requires more then 2400 watts surge.
In my opinion, gathered from my personal experience, I believe that this inverter functions fine for hand power based tools, plus any lights you wish to run. I have a plan to purchase a new coffee maker that makes two cups, and only uses 800 watts, according to online description. Hopefully that will run just fine on the inverter, and if it does, expect another review from me. :-)
CONCLUSION: The inverter never really gets hot as the built in fans keep it cool when power is being utilized. However, the fact that the inverter is not able to perform under its rated output is a major disappointment. Because of this, I have to give the unit 3 out of 5 stars, and that is being generous! Want a inverter for small hand power tools, or to run lights, or other non high powered items? Then this is the inverter for you! For high powered equipment, or even household major appliances, buy a larger inverter.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Quantumfx Power Inverter 1200/2400 Watt Dc to Ac

1200W POWER INVERTER WITH USB****************************' 1200Watts Continuous Power out put' 2400Watts Peak power'with Game Port Included' 2 AC output Socket'Input: 10.2-16.5 VDC'Output: 110-120 VAC, 60 Hz Modified Sine Wave'USB output for charging Laptops, iPOD, iPhones, Cellular 'Phones, 'MP3/4 'Plyaers, Shavers and so on...'USB output: DC 5VDC, 0.5 A'Overload Protection'Short Circuit protection'Cigarette Lighter Cable Included'Battery Cable with Alligator Clips Included'Built-In Fan to Keep the Unit Stable at All times

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Quantumfx Power Inverter 1200/2400 Watt Dc to Ac

0 comments:

Post a Comment